Ways to be involved in Eco Church NZ!
We are looking to expand the Eco Church NZ team by appointing volunteers into support roles across Aotearoa New Zealand. Do you have the passion to help church communities integrate sustainability and care of creation into the life of the church? We’re looking for:
Eco Church NZ Community Catalysts
This will be a volunteer role but honorarium may be provided in the future if funding is available.
- You will be the local contact person for eco churches near you.
- We can have multiple community catalysts per region.
Activities may include:
- Visiting nearby churches and building relationship with churches and eco church champions in your area.
- Mentoring and supporting eco church champions.
- Speak on behalf of A Rocha and Eco Church NZ – a speaker’s toolkit will be provided.
- Contribute to the Eco Church NZ Facebook group and other social media (e.g. Instagram #EcoChurchNZ) – to help generate discussions, add comments and respond to questions.
- Work together with the national team to explore opportunities for events / collaborations / funding in your region.
Eco Church NZ Topic Advisors
Do you have knowledge and expertise in topics of interest to eco churches?
Topics may include waste, sustainable buildings, green energy, fair trade purchasing, community gardening etc. Please see our Resources by Topic section on the Eco Church NZ website for other topics of interest.
Are you willing to volunteer your knowledge / expertise to eco churches?
- Contribute to the Eco Church NZ Facebook group – to help generate discussions, add comments and respond to questions especially in your specialist area.
- Help review resources that are relevant to your specialist area.
- Connect with eco churches if they have questions that are relevant to your specialist area.
Eco Church NZ story writers / photographers / videographers
Do you have the passion to share stories of church communities doing their bit to care for creation to encourage and inspire others?
- Volunteer to write stories, take photos or make videos of church communities in your area to share their story.
If any of the above roles appeal to you, please contact us to discuss joining the Eco Church NZ team.